Preface

Fading Entity
Posted originally on the Archive of Our Own at http://archiveofourown.org/works/345707.

Rating:
Explicit
Archive Warning:
No Archive Warnings Apply
Category:
Gen
Fandom:
Resident Evil - All Media Types
Character:
Jill Valentine
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of NaDraWriMo
Stats:
Published: 2012-02-23 Words: 100 Chapters: 1/1

Fading Entity

Summary

A series of drabbles I wrote as an exercise during November - sort of like NaNoWriMo only a lot less awesome. They're mixed gen, slash and dirty dirty kinks, so heed the warnings on each chapter for your own reading safety!

Notes

Jill-centric, and heavily influenced by China Mieville's (amazing) style of writing.

Fading Entity

The glass hemmed her in at all sides, the world beyond smeared in science, liquid-blurred into obscurity.

No sound but a machinery whir whickering around her, caressing her with promise and power and sick-slick writhing of limbs.

She incubated, foetus-like and floating, knowing nothing but the steady ebb and flow and ebb-and-flow and ebbandflow until she knew nothing of even herself any more. Just the bitter alien tang of virus erasing and rebuilding until she thought she would die but never did, never can, not any more, not behind the glass pinned like a butterfly; a cocooned specimen awaiting sunlight.

Afterword

Please drop by the archive and comment to let the author know if you enjoyed their work!